Sunday, August 14, 2011

Coastliners by Joanne Harris


August, 14 2011, I just finished this book this morning. 

First, I have to say I love Joanne Harris. If you're not already familiar with her works, she has written other books such as "Chocolat", "Blackberry Wine" and "Five Quarters of the Orange". This book in particular relates to a family on a small island off the coast of France. It has many references to seaside life, which I relate to. In my mind, it explores loyalty, faith in oneself and and a deep sense of obligation to what is right.

I've read most of her books and will continue to scour the used book store until I find all of them. Her books are beautifully written, usually with a woman as the main character and full of small town characters living in French villages, family struggles, delicious food and love. Perfect for me! I highly recommend any of her books.

No comments:

Post a Comment