Sunday, January 5, 2014

Angel paintings

This is the first painting in a new series I'm trying out.

I've always been fascinated with old medieval and Renaissance paintings of angels and the Madonna with the golden halo's behind their head. Their beautiful, peaceful and serene energy emanating from them. I've also always been drawn towards mandalas with their cyclical and mesmerizing patterns. In this series I wanted to combine these two elements.

In my mind they are my personal reflection of angels, goddesses and saints. This one is called the "blue angel". I hope you enjoy!


Please visit my website www.reneethompsondesigns.com for size, price and medium. Thanks!
Renée

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful portrait. Her face is stunning. Well done.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete